Friday, September 4, 2009

My Initiation - Hope

I don't know what's so special about today to start my blog.... but today I feel immensely inspired and feel that I shouldn't waste a minute before I start off with this act that I've kept putting off for later for just too long.
I just watched the movie Shawshank Redemption.... finally. My friend Suraj always kept telling me about this movie. He was even sweet enought to write me a DVD with the movie. But it took me like almost 2 months for me to actually sit down and watch this movie. Man... what a movie.
The messages, the theme, the whole concept is amazing. Nothing too complicated beyond ones understanding. A wonderful story about friendship, patience and especially hope. How important hope is in ones life for one to keep on living.
My favorite quote in the movie is "Remember, Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."
Having hope in life and in the future has always kept me going. I wouldn't imagine a life where I could think nothin good is gonna happen. This movie just helped me remember and reinstate my beleif in hope. Never stop hoping. Because thats when you will stop living.

6 comments:

neo said...

First of all, Welcome to the blogosphere!

I am, now, happy that I nagged you enough to get you to watch this movie!

It is amazing how much art can effect us and in ways that are not apparent, this movie is one of those works of art portraying the power of friendship, love and hope. (That the movie is 2 hours long isn't even apparent, which itself proves how much we are taken in by it!).

Keep writing!
>:D< :)
-neo.

sOLiloQUY said...

welcome to the facinating worl of movies.................
there are more out there good luck
dont miss

Anju Elizabeth Thomas said...

hey.. good one sofi..
keep writing!

anju

Unknown said...

You have started something that i always wanted to...

Good luck with your writes, Sofi

-Shiju

$*0*F*!*@ said...

thanks you guys for all the encouragement

Joel said...

hey ..yeah i actually watched it so i could tell my friend wat bad taste he had in movies.. but i actually liked it.. a movie about HOPE..